Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sparkling Snow....

Here is the card I promised my Tuesday Stamp Club Members would be posted yesterday....sorry girls, my entire day escaped me!

I used the same masking technique as in the tree card I posted earlier. (except I used an oval cut from the Colluzle Cutting System instead of a rectangle.)
The card base is Ballet Blue. The main image is stamped on Whisper White. I placed my oval "mask" over the main image card stock. I took various snowflake stamps from the Snowflake Spot stamp set and stamped them "generation style" (meaning to stamp the image several times without reinking the stamp) in Ballet Blue. Before removing the mask, I sponged ballet Blue around the entire edge of the oval mask. When I was happy with the sponging I removed the mask. I then inked up another snowflake in Night of Navy and stamped it to look like it is coming out of the snowy frame. Next I took the "Season's Greetings" stamp from the Many Merry Messages stamp set and inked it in Night of Navy.
Now for the fun part:
I took my 2 Way Glue Pen and outlined the Night if Navy snowflake and coated it with Dazzling Diamonds. It is hard to tell in the picture but that snowflake is very sparkly! If you haven't used Dazzling Diamonds yet...you need to try it...it adds so much to your cards!
For an added touch around the card fold I took some of the new Elastic Cord in Silver that is in the Winter Mini Catalog and wrapped it around twice and tied a simple knot.
Enjoy, and as always...Happy Stampin'!

No comments: