Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm crazy about....

....CUPCAKES!!!!!!

When I first saw the stamp set, Crazy for Cupcakes, in the new Idea Book and Catalog....I knew it would be mine...on my first order!!! I have been waiting for Stampin' Up! to give us a really awesome line art cupcake set. You know what??? They didn't even ask me! lol!!! They must have known.....

Well...Kristina has issued another color challenge {#20}...and as soon as I saw the colors...I thought....CUPCAKE!!!!!!

Now I have a stack on my desk of unmounted stamps that I won't even go into....it is embarrassing how many I have sitting unmounted....ininked.....all lonely!!! Actually, I have a stack on my desk...on my floor....in a box....with a fox....( this is starting to sound like a Dr. Suess book )....I don't really have them with a fox...but the other locations are legit! You get the picture....lol!!! Anyway...with all these brand spankin new sets laying around...I just had to use my new Crazy for Cupcakes! And thank you Stampin' Up!....the new ones are all die cut!!! I was stamping with in seconds! Getting a little off track here, huh? sorry ;)

Here are the colors:
Beautiful, huh?

chocolate chip, regal rose, pirouette pink, certainly celery, very vanilla

What's not to love about these colors?????

Here is what I came up with at 5:00 AM!!! What is wrong with me....I should have been sleeping!!! God knows I won't be getting a nap today....my little one won't let that happen. She is a non napper...just ask her how she feels about taking a nap...she is not interested. lol!!!


sorry about that aweful shadow on the left......the celery layer is at the edge of the card base.
My base is chocolate chip. I stamped the top edge with the larger dots from Itty Bitty Backgrounds in chocolate chip ink. Next I took a celery panel and wheeled the new cupcakes wheel in certainly celery ink on a diagonal. I then accented each cupcake and the circle confetti with my white gel pen. I wanted to pull some of that new luscious pink pirouette from my main image panels to the celery layer...so I punched 1/4 inch circles and adhered them with tombo mono multi glue...all lined up in a row like cupcakes on a tray....lol!!!! Just kiddin'....I really didn't mean for them to look like cupcakes...I just like things of three lined up...lol!!!

So on for those two regal rose strips....I tor the bottom edges and rolled them up, kinda like those blower things at parties, for dimension.

Now the fun part...the main panel:

I stamped the cupcake and sentiment with basic brown on very vanilla. I colored in the image with a blender pen and ink refills. Here is where I cheated the color challenge a little...I had to do the liner in grey...I don't know why....I just wanted it that way....sorry if I offended any of you die hard challengers....I really am!

Did you notice the flame??? I colored it in with summer sun and then made a very light glow around it before putting dazzling diamonds on it with my 2 way glue pen. And the "sprinkles"....Aren't they darling? I colored in the rectangle ones in with chocolate chip...who doesn't love plain, regular chocolate jimmies???? And for the circle ones...I pulled out my beloved bead dou in pink that I have been hoarding and adhered some two toned pink beads with tombo mono multi. Why would a person hoard beads???? I don't know....you get tons of them in a pack....and I used a whole 7 here....And to look at the package...The naked eye wouldn't even realize that there were 7 missing....I need to stop hoarding!!!! And you know what???? If I bring my self to completely empty a container of beads...7 at a time....I can order more!!! Why aren't all of you holding me to my New Year's resolution to stop hoarding awesome stampin' supplies???? Come on....I needed you....

Anyway...that panel was matted with chocolate chip ad then pink pirouette. I mounted that up on, none other than, stampin' dimensionals!

What do you think??? Let me know...I am in need of comfort now...I used 7 beads after all!!!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

i'm still on hoarding stuff and i need to stop it =)

your card is too cute!

Andrea said...

Who wouldn't smile if that card showed up in their mailbox on their birthday? Your card is too cute. And I say, if you have the stuff.....use it baby!!!!

Sara said...

Gojus card! I am so bad at hoarding things, I won't even buy the beads because I know I won't use them!!
Sara - Inkymom=SCS

MJ said...

Very cute.

Shawntel said...

Great Job on the challenge! I love all the detail you put into your card! The dots on the side, the white gel accents and the super cute beads! I think I have to get this set now that I have seen how fun it is!!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Cute, fun and creative! Good job!

Becky said...

WOW! Terrific card! You pay attention to all the little things, which makes the card even better!

suzie said...

Wow! Very cute! The beads on the cupcake give it a little something extra. :-)

Sherri said...

Super cute!