Friday, December 14, 2007

card from christmas card camp....

I can't believe this cute set is retiring!!!! It is called Hung Up on the Holidays. There are soooo many things you could use this for....simple cards, elegant cards, cards using other stamp sets ( I think it is screaming to be used with the pine stamp from Peaceful Wishes....don't you think?), and as seen here a "country" feel card:


Let's start at the main image and work back today....what do you think? Want to shake things up a bit...lol!
I stamped the gingerbread man and candy cane in Close to Cocoa and Real Red onto Very Vanilla. Then I used the 1/16th inch Handheld Punch and punched on both sides of the candy cane so I could use the Silver Elastic Cord to tie little bows around them. I then sponged Close to Cocoa on the edges...on all of the edges of this card. The main panel was matted on Close to Cocoa and the Old Olive. This entire panel was placed up on Stampin' Dimensionals. The vertical panel is more Mustard matted on Close to Cocoa...all sponged up, of course. I then tied a simple double knot with Twill Tape. The sentiment "be merry" is from Warm Words and it is stamped in Close to Cocoa onto Very Vanilla. The card base is Real Red.
Let me tell ya, there was a lot of sponging going on here....oh my! I love the depth that sponging gives to a card though, it was completely worth it!
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think......
Until Later....Happy Stampin'!

No comments: