Wednesday, December 12, 2007

More on retirment party!!!!



Today I will share with you how the little gift holder that would be perfect for a gift of money is made. Remember from yesterday....it was in the grand door prize.




But first.....There were two special awards given out at the Retirement Party! Vera and Bonnie both received a free stamp set from me for not missing a stamp camp all year. Will you receive one next year? I hope so! Congrats (and many thanks!) to both of you again!!!!




Now back to that money holder:











Isn't this darling?!?!??!?!?


It is quite easy to make!


Start with a 6x6 piece of two sides printed paper ( I think Stampin' Up! Card Stock would be too thick for these...Whisper White and Very Vanilla would be good though.) of your choice. Here I used a piece from the Wintergreen Designer Series Papers...which will be retiring his month...boo hoo....I love this paper. I think you can use most of it for general card making, not just Christmas.


Anyhoo....I digress, again...lol! Back to the 6x6 piece of paper. Score on one side at 1 1/4, 2 1.2, 3 3/4, and 5. Turn your paper 90 degrees and score at 1 1/4 and 4 3/4. Fold on all scores with a bone folder to get good creases. Next take your 1/4 inch square punch and punch where the scores intersect by folding along each fold and punching a half of a square. are you following me???? Here is a picture of what your paper should look like when all the holes are punched:


Does this clear things up a bit?
Place sticky strip along one edge of a long middle panel. Roll up into a square tube and adhere. Tie a ribbon around the places where you have punched out and "fluff" the ends. Your finished piece should look like a tootsie roll, kind of.
Oh yeah....place your gift inside before tying the second end shut.
You could make these little cuties in any size really, just make sure you start with a square and adjust your score lines accordingly. example: start with a 11 1/2 inch square and score at 2 2/4 intervals and turn 90 degrees and score in 2 inches on each side.
Have I managed to confuse you???? I hope not! I would love to hear if you make any of these little cuties!

No comments: