Friday, July 9, 2010

There is a Greenhouse Gala at The Crystal Palace!!

I gotta tell you - if you hadn't figured it out already....lol! - I am totally smitten with the new Greenhouse Gala Designer Series paper!  It has so many awesome designs all in one package..........oh to be in {luv}

We recently took a trip to Walt Disney World for eight days....so I have plenty....and when I say plenty.....I mean P.L.E.N.T.Y.!  I think I had about 1000 pictures printed...and I didn't print near all I had taken.  Gotta love digital :)  Even my four year old said on the third day at breakfast...."mom, you don't have to take pictures of me eating everyday....."  I was like...REALLY?????  Even she has me figured out!  I did not leave the room for ANY reason without the camera.....you never know!  hehehe!!!!  Oh well..someday she will appreciate me taking a picture of her eating a chocolate crown with chocolate all over her face, dressed to the nines in princess garb, eating a $140 meal in Cinderella's castle....right????  LOL!!!

Oh well....back to today's post!  I am plugging away slowly at our vacation photos and I had to incorporate Greenhouse Gala in there somewhere!  There are so many pictures of beautiful gardens, scenery, etc to scrap.  Immediately I thought of our character meal we had at the Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom.  So I got to scrappin'!  I still have another two page spread of the Crystal Palace with my little one and the characters....but that will have to wait for another day :)

Here is my two page spread:

The base page is textured baja blue.  All of the designer series paper is from Greenhouse Gala.  The three flower along the top of the right hand side are stamped using Friends Never Fade set, as are the two tangerine tango flowers that are on the journaling block - top note die - (what would I do without the top note die????)  and in the center of the picture block.

My title was cut with the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet set and the big shot

I cut the entire title out twice, once in baja blue and then again in daffodil delight.  I layered them off set and adhered them together with a two way glue pen.  I then took my white gel pen and gave the letters dimension by adding reflection marks.  I then adhered them to the page with my two way glue pen

Did you ever put something in place and think.....that just looks "flat."  I don't mean flat as in not "puffy"....just flat.  Do you know what I mean?  So I thought...What else can I do to those letters once they are glued down?????  Crystal Palace.....Crystal......Hmmm......Crystal......CRYSTAL EFFECTS!!!!  Yes!  I will put crystal effects over the letters - that will give them a glassy look.  The Crystal Palace is almost all glass.....that will work.  Then it hit me!!!!  Sprinkle the letters lightly with dazzling diamonds!!!  Dazzling diamonds will fix anything!!!

WELL????  How did I do?  I would love for you to let me know, leave me a comment below and then click on the "next" icon to continue on the tour.  Today is the last day - You won't want to miss the ride!!!

No comments: