Thursday, July 1, 2010

You make my brown eyes blue......

HI All!!

I have been dying to stamp for me....no reason...not planning a class, camp, club, crankingout cards to send out for sympathy cards, arties, etc.....you get the picture :)  I have also been dying to have a little "me" time with the new set Artistic Etchings!!! 

I started with taylor's sketch for the week.  I really like to start with a sketch.  :)  Here it is:

lovely, huh?  I will come back to this one again and again!!!

Wanna see what I did??  Wanna?  Wanna???

Well?  How did I do?

Oh, sweet Marina Mist!!  How I will love you...... 
My card base is marina mist.  The dsp on the background layer is from greenhouse gala.   The ruffles along the bottom are very vanilla strips punched with the eyelet border punch and then ran through my paper crimper several times to break up the paper fibers.  I then layed down snail on the designer series paper and pleated it as I adhered it to the card.  The ribbon treatment was fun!!  I tied a simple knot around the card with a layer of basic black satin ribbon layered with the brand new 1/8th inch taffeta ribbon on marina mist.  My main image panel is very vanilla stamped randomly with images from Artistic Etchings in the BRAND NEW crumb cake ink - {luv} it!! and marina mist.  The "amour" was stamped in basic black that had been stamped off.  The sentiment is from another brand new set, perfect punches.  This sentiment punches out perfectly with the wide oval punch.  The crown was stamped with marina mist and stamped onto very vanilla before cutting it out and sponged.  I did all of the sponging on the card with crumb cake.....oh gooness!!!  I also added a touch of bling to the crown:

That adds the perfect touch to a feminine distressed card, I think ;)

No comments: