Tuesday, April 5, 2011

How about a spot of tea?

Now - say that again using your "english" accent.  That's better......

I actually have something else to share with you today.  I got up with the hubby at 5:00 to do a little scrappin'.  I know - getting up at 5:00 when you don't have to - what's up with that?????   Guess I am in a getting up early phase.  whatever :)

So - I was cleaning out a box of random supplies that was in my room - you know the box.....a box of stuff you never intended to be there but you were cleaning up one day and decided to throw all of that stuff in a box to clean up later......do you have one of those?  Well - I have several!  lol!!!  Actually - I have a confession.....All I really did was clean out that box and put the stuff back in it neater - you know, for another time.  lol!!!  Do any of you do that?  hehehe......  Well....in that box was a stack of pictures that I had developed and sorted and stacked on my back to front type of sorting by date......so I decided that I was going to scrap something out of that stack......today.  I pulled out the pictures that were on the bottom of the pile and this is what I did:

What a darling little tidbit of my daughter.....she quite often sets up a little scene for her "friends" and has parties with them or teaches them class.....totally sweet when I catch her doing it when I have no idea what she is really up to :)

Most scrapbookers might look at a stamp set like Morning Cup and think it wouldn't work on a 12x12 layout.....I think I made it work - do you?

I stamped the little tea cups and mugs onto very vanilla card stock and colored them with a blender pen and ink refills.  I anchored them to the center panel with strips of pearls from the adhesive pearl pack stampin up offers...already in a strip, all together in one piece - {luv} that.  The little cups were cut out and adhered to the page with stampin dimensionals.

The sentiment circle was cut with the big shot and the scallop circles die and the 3 inch circle die.  The word TEA is stamped with the broadsheet alphabet.  I also adorned that panel with the tea pot. And I had to add some pearl goodness to that panel...... see:

Well...that about sums it up for today.....I hope you have a wonderful day.  I really think if I started everyday with a little creativity - my world would be a better place...it has worked for the last few days :)

No comments: