Friday, June 19, 2009

Father's Day is upon us!

It is hard to believe that Father's Day is this weekend...before you know it it will be 4th of July - and that feels like summer is half over. unbelievable! Our little one goes to preschool this fall....so this feels like our "last summer"....know what I mean??? from now on, it will be a short summer in between school years. Wow!!! Where has the time gone?

Well, before I get to deep on you......I will show you my Dad's Father's Day card. He isn't into computers at all...let alone a blog reader....so I am safe here ;)

This week's Blogger's challenge is masculine cards - perfect!

I wanted to pull out some F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E. retiring goods! I will miss baja breeze so much it will hurt....and the seaside stamp set - I am still in shock that is retiring!!! I have got a peek in the new cattie....if you are wanting a sea shell, beachy beautiful set - GET THIS ONE!!!!! There is nothing that will replace it in the new catalog......booohooo.......


The card base is creamy caramel. I swiped all edges of this card with a sponge dauber and whisper white craft ink. All of my baja breeze designer series paper wasn't doing anything for me to use for my Dad's card. So, I made my own printed paper! I took three sea shell stamps and stamped them randomly in baja breeze, not quite navy and creamy caramel onto the three baja breeze panels. They are mounted on whisper white card stock and then anchored in all corners with not quite navy brads from the earth elements brad collection. I used my mat pack and piercer to ensure that they would all line up perfectly. I then adhered the panels down with stampin' dimensionals.

My sentiment panel is stamped in baja breeze and not quite navy. It is from wonderful favorites, a must have stamp set for all family cards....it covers ALL relationships. I then stamped creamy caramel around the edges with itty bitty backgrounds to kind of simulate sand...did I do that? That is mounted onto creamy caramel and then not quite navy. It was adhered with stampin' dimensionals.
The sea shells were watercolored with the reinker watercolor technique. The three ink colors I used were baja breeze, creamy caramel, and not quite navy. The one bottom shell looks a little coral-ish...but it was how creamy caramel dried with the baja breeze....that is the beauty of this technique...it always turns out differently, and beautiful if I might add. Those were also adhered with stampin dimensionals.

This card has so much dimension...i {luv} dimension!!!
What do you think of this....I am so pleased with it - I hope my Dad likes it.

Make sure you stop by tomorrow....I have a scrappin' Saturday page for you that is a sneeky peaky.....

14 comments:

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous cards...love the soft beachy colors! {sMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

I love that reinker tech for the shells! So gorgeous. I'm with you on missing Baja...it's going to hurt!

Claudia Perry said...

Love your version of the DSP and the colored shells are great!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning coloring with the Reinker Technique. Love your Faux DSP too!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the colors and all the details! Beautiful job.

Unknown said...

This card is simply gorgeous! Love all your details and coloring.

Ida said...

Wow this is lovely. I adore anything that is beach related and those shells looks gorgeous.

Basement Stamper said...

Beautiful card, makes me want to run to the beach and collect seashells.

Patti Chesky said...

This card is AWESOME!!! I love the watercolor reinker technique with the shells. Oh my word!!! Stunning!

P.S. I will SO miss Baja Breeze with you!!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great card! I really like how you did the shells!

Anonymous said...

That is a WONDERFUL card! Love that font--I never did get it--as I come from such a small family that most of the words would never get used--but I do love the one you put on the front of your card.
You did a great job!

Jeannette Swain said...

Beautiful card! Love the techniques that you used on the shells,

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is lovely Regina! What a wonderful serene feel to your creation! Beautifully done! :D

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful card!