Saturday, June 13, 2009

Scrappin' Saturday is back, Baby!!

This morning, I went into my craft room because my little one wanted to "cut." And I thought....Well, I have been working on getting my desk in order...I will sit there and do that while she goes to town with decorative scissors and old card stock. Wouldn't you know it....my pictures files were sitting there, all innocent, and the pictures on top were her glitter art pictures. I usually only do 2 page spreads...I like the look in my albums much better than one pagers....so I had been struggling with what to do with these pictures. So I picked up my stack and the next set of pictures were also better appropriate with a one page spread. It was meant to be....make 2 one page spreads...they will still be in chronological order (which I am a nut about) and I won't drive myself crazy anymore.....

So, here is the fruit of my morning labor.....


Now, mind you, this is about glitter art...so I had to include some glitter, right???? See the little orange glitter edge of my "focal point" photo....
It is hard to see in these pictures, but the chipboard letters are glittered up with chocolate chip glitter....yummo.....

And do you see the paper at the bottom of the page? Are you wondering when Stampin' Up started to make glittered papers??? Well, they don't..... You know you could go into a scrapbook store and spend a couple of dollars on a preglittered page???? But using the supplies you already have....you can make your own for PENNIES!!!! I took the striped designer series paper and used a 2 way glue pen do draw in lines, I did use a ruler (well, actually it was a popcicle stick - i couldn't find the ruler.....) to keep the lines straight. I drew in a couple of lines and blinged them up with dazzling diamonds. I only did a couple at a time, I wanted my glue to be nice and wet when I glittered it up. Wanna see that up close???




Did you see the jumbo grommet?? I love those.... :D

card stamps: define your life
stock: regal rose, pink pirouette, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, whisper white, sweet always designer series paper
ink: versamark, regal rose
accessories: scallop edge punch, jumbo grommet, lots of letters chipboard alphabet, 2 way glue pen, dazzling diamonds, stampin' up fine glitters

No comments: