Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hats off to the Graduate!!!

Hi All!!

What is with me....I was so bogged down with life this whole week and didn't get to stamp at all.... :( But, today I have a graduation party - so I HAD to stamp...hehehehe!!! Next week is my daughter's birthday party and it is here instead of at a hall - which I have done every year in the past....so I don't know how much I will get to stamp next week either.....argh!!!! If you would do me a huge favor - please pray that it doesn't rain....I have a very big family and we will NOT all fit inside my house....

I earned the varsity alphabet free from Stampin' Up - if you want to learn how to earn free stamps from Stampin' Up, contact me! (regcorn@zoominternet.net) There is an awesome mini kit for $85 as well as free in color ink pads and card stock in addition to the regular $199 kit. If you have ever thought about having a business of your own - now is the time!

When I picked Varsity alphabet, I knew I would get plenty of miles out of it when my daughter started school - for scrapbooking and stuff. But when I sat down to make a graduation card today - I thought - "Hey! Why not use that alphabet to make the main image with the school letters??" So....here it is!
The card base is real red. The basic grey designer series paper is from a retired hostess patterns pack 2 from the last catalog. The school colors are red/grey/white. I used the varsity alphabet and my stamp a ma jig to line up the letters in real red ink and whisper white card stock. Did you see the velum layer sparkle???


It is subtle in real life....but it really makes it pop! I used the varsity numbers to emboss "09" in iridescent ice embossing powder. I adhered all three layers with red rhinestone brads from the round fire rhinestone brads.

Now, for the inside:
The sentiment is from a retired set - Live Your Dream. I always thought that this sentiment was awesome for gradates about to embark on their new life!!!

No comments: