Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Embrace me

....My sweet embraceable you....

HI Stampers!!

Here I am, on Wednesday mind you, with a Mojo Monday Sketch. One of these days, I will get together. Maybe in January! LOL!!! Anyway, here is the sketch this week.

It's a beauty, huh? I will use this one over and over, I'm sure! As a matter of fact. maybe I will see what else I can get done with it this week :)

Here is my take on it:


October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month - so I thought I would do a predominantly pink card. How did I do?


The card base is melon mambo. Do you like the designer series paper? Doesn't it coordinate with my color combo so well??? It started out black and white - Yep! it's the night and day designer series paper from the Holiday Mini. I altered it by using sponge dauber and pretty in pink, regal rose and melon mambo ink to shade in the flower design. I think this is the most versatile paper Stampin' Up sells because it cam be any color you want it to be :) Anyway....I matted that with whisper white. The vertical panels are also from night and day. I tied a bow with the white satin ribbon. It is so smooth I wanna take a bath in it.....no kidding! Of course, my dry skin would snag it all up! lol!!

I also placed three black brads with white "washers" on the top or bottom of the vertical panels. I used my circle scissor plus to cut the main circle panel as well as the regal rose mat. I used the stamp a ma jig to stamp my sentiment. I also stamped the branch from embrace life on the white circle as well....there is a little bit of it peeking out by the flowers.

Ahhh.....the flowers. This is where my whole card began. I absolutely love the flowers from embrace life!! I stamped them with jet black staz on ink and then colored them up with sponge daubers like the background designer series paper. I also accented the stamens with my white gel pen. Adhered the flowers down....the top one with stampin' dimensionals.


Here is a close up shot that lets you see some flower, background paper, brads and "washers" and some of that heavenly ribbon!!



I would really love for you to leave me a comment here letting me know what your first thought was when you saw this card. :)

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely mojo card.

stampingwithlulu said...

Gorgeous! It's so stunning that I'm speechless.