Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bling it on, Rudolf!!!

Hello stampers!!!!

I have a card to show you real quick today....I fell in love with the dasher stamp in the Idea Book and Catalog. What an awesome single stamp!!! So here is what I did with him.

The card base is old olive. The designer series paper is from the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' kit. The top background is textured real red card stock. See that ribbon like thingy that connects the two panels where they meet???? That is a self adhesive strip from the scrappin' kit. It was 12 inches long in the package, so it could have been a border for a 12 inch scrap book page...but I used it here for a little faux ribbon action. That whole panel is matted with chocolate chip and adhered to the card base. My sentiment is from fundamental phrases. I punched it out with the modern label punch and snipped the one end off. Dasher was inked with close to cocoa ink and then I tapped his edges with a sponge dauber with chocolate chip ink. I matted him with chocolate chip. I blinged up his antlers and his nose...but we will get to that :)




The snowflake was punched out with the snowflake punch - obvious, huh?....I clearly didn't punch it with the butterfly punch....LOL!!! Sorry, I had to get some sarcasm in today.... ;)


I blinged it up with a two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds. I layered it onto a 1 3/4 inch circle punch of old olive. I adhered those two together with a red rhinestone brad from the fire round rhinestone brads.

Bling!! BLing, Bling!! Bling!! Bling!! I couldn't stop!


Here is a closer look at 'ol rudy.....


I covered his antlers with dazzling diamonds and a two way glue pen. Couldn't stop there, though! I put a small dot of tombo mono multi glue on his nose and added a red bead from the red bead duo.




Well....there he is, in all of his handsomeness.

No comments: