Wednesday, September 30, 2009

There's no place like home.....

There's no place like home.....




There's no place like home.....





Do you ever wonder where in the world my thoughts take me??? I know if I were you, I would really wonder about me sometimes! lol!!!

Yesterday was the re-release of an upgraded, better color, better sound, digitally remastered of the digitally remastered version already out for sale of "The Wizard of Oz." So....we have been seeing a lot of commercials for it lately. My daughter really loves that movie, but we do limit her watching times. We noticed, well....I noticed....that if she watched it right before bed time, she had screaming nightmares in her sleep. So, when I put two and two together and finally came up with four...I put a stop to that right quick. Not that I want my daughter to have nightmares...but I do NOT like my sleep interrupted by an unconscious scream fit that she doesn't realize she is even having. :)


So...with "The Wizard of Oz" being prevalent in my mind because of the relentless commercials I made this:


The designer series paper is retired...boo hoo....sorry. But I wanted bashful blue (Dorothy's dress) and real red (hello.....ruby slippers) designer series paper and I don't think I have anything current....I will have to do something about that! ;) The card base is real red. The stamps come from Humor in High Heels. I also got the sketch idea from this week's mojo monday sketch challenge.


I absolutely had to bling up the shoes with a two way glue pen and real red fine glitter. I really love Stampin' Up!'s glitters...they are so fine and luxurious. I also had to bling up the real red mats of the sentiment and the shoes with the versamark ink and iridescent ice embossing powder - {luv} it!





We're off to see the Wizard.....The wonderful wizard of Oz....because, because, because, because, becaaaaause.....of all the wonderful things He does!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Regina,
So cute!
This would be a great card for Mrs.D. from the montessori. She's a OZ fan.