Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Better late than never, right???

HI Stampers!

Today I'm going to show you a few things that we included in my daughter's preschool teacher's gift baskets for Christmas. The entire gift basket could be changed out for any event. We bought large coffee mugs and embroidered decorative towels for the baskets. I also included some coffee from a local maker, Howe's. But that is all mundane, straight from the store....I'm going to show you the homemade stuff :)


I made inserts for photo coasters....instead of photos....I inserted monogrammed inserts. The inserts were little mini works of arts. On each one there is embossing, stamping, sponging, and shading. I also included a hot cocoa cone for each one. And then I wanted something cute for the bow on the basket wrap.....so I bought colored metal cookie cutters and adorned then with ribbon and tied a bow on the top. They also had a loop of gold elastic cord so they could be used as tree ornaments if they wanted to.
I could see these sets changed easily for a birthday, anniversary, wedding, a get well basket or a just because gift. You could swap out the drinks for something more seasonal - hot cider packets, teas, lemonade mixes...the possibilities are endless. I will definitely will be duplicating these in the future.

Here are some pictures of the goodies.


These coasters were made with the En Francais background stamp, Baroque Motifs, and Lovely Letters Alphabet. Inks: versamark, real red classic, chocolate chip craft, sahara sand.
This set used Baroque Motifs, Friends 24-7, and Lovely Letters Alphabet. Inks used: versamark, brocade blue classic, chocolate chip craft ink, and so saffron classic.

I sure enjoyed putting these gifts together, I hope you have enjoyed seeing them.

2 comments:

ktstamps said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ktstamps said...

Lets try this again Regina! I love the coaster idea! This is a wonderful gift. Where did you get the coaster? I have a friend who would think this is the coolest idea in the world. Love to share this with her! (Really, I am still looking for a gift!) Have a Happy New Years! (I love the mess your dog made...just like my cats!) kt