Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Around the note book

HI stampers!!

How are you all doing today?  I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking ;)  LOL!!!  I didn't get much sleep last night, for some reason so here I am...early....and somewhat goofier than I normally am.  oh my!

I pulled out a project from my archives -- archives......now doesn't that make me sound important???  archives.  Told ya, the sarcasm just rolls off of my finger tips.  I tried to stop it at my knuckles but, you know how that goes......

I buy things....a lot of "things".....I can't seem to help myself....if I think I can cover it or change it or alter it or hide it.....lol!  No, seriously, I do buy a lot of note books and things to alter....if I alter them, well....that is another story.  I bought a few round note pads knowing exactly what I wanted to do with them - and then put them in my cupboard of unaltered, needy, ugly crap.  I think this note pad had an ugly flower on it or maybe an "m" - I don't remember.  But, anyway....wanna see?

I stamped it with the level three hostess set, Kind and Caring Thoughts.  I inked up the flower in stampin write markers and then generation stamped them on a circle I had cut with my circle scissor plus

I matted that with a circle of chocolate chip.  Before I adhered that to the cover of the note pad, I ran a piece of sticky strip around the edge of the circle and gathered up pumpkin pie striped wide grosgrain ribbon around it.  This ribbon is so soft - it really does deceive you, you would think that ribbon this wide would be stiff, but it isn't really.

I then tied a bow with 5/8th inch grosgrain ribbon and adhered it to the front with a pop up glue dot.

No comments: