Thursday, June 10, 2010

A caterpillar takes flight

Our life cycle could be compared to that of a butterfly.....we start here on earth as tiny beings - just like the butterfly starts as a larva.  Then it developes into a caterpillar - making it's way through the world.  A cacoon is death to a caterpillar until it is released as a beautiful butterfly....which soars and flies about beautifully....just as we are called upon from the Lord - setting us free from this material world into a world of forever beauty and peace.  Sorry to get so deep here today...but this was my thought process I had when making this card today.

I have really been trying to get my act together and get things more organized - not my orgainzed mess that only I can understand....but one that someone else might be able to navigate through....lol!!  And when sorting through my card stash that I keep from all of my sample cards, I realized I have a very limited supply of sympathy cards and baby cards.  So when I sat down today to make a card, I wanted to get my stash built up a little - maye it is time for a card stamp camp.......

The card base is soft suede - I am sooo glad this color made it into our core colors!!!!  The distressed layer is more mustard that had been stamped with one of the images in Watercolor Trio.  I {luv} this set!!!  I then balled it all up and wrinkled it up and then tore some of the edges off.

My main image panel is confetti cream that had been stamped with two of the images in Watercolor Trio in soft suede (that was stamped off first) and pumpkin pie.  I don't know if you can see it or not in the picture.....but I used the two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds in small areas of the pumpkin pie images....I did not cover them completely, that's for sure...I just wanted a touch of bling!  the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.....WHAT!?!?!?!?  You don't have that set yet???  Are you serious???  It is my A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E. go to set for sentiments!!!!

Now my butterfly......

I stamped the single stamp,  All a Flutter, in versamark ink onto shimmer white card stock and embossed is with my heat tool with black embossing powder.  I then used the color flow technique to color it in with pumpkin pie and soft suede classic inks.  I think it sure is pretty....if I may say so myself.....lol!  I bent it around my fingers to give it some movement and then I adhered it with mini glue dots on the body and then stampin dimensionals under the wings. 

Did you think I forgot the inside???

The sentiment here s from Close as a Memory.  It is retiring this month.....I completely love the sentiments in this set - don't let it retire before adding it to your collection, it is timeless!

If you would like to leave me some lovin' here, I would appreciate it.

No comments: