Friday, March 4, 2011

A place for everything

HI stampers!!!!!  Do you remember me telling you I was going to set up a small sewing corner in my room????  Well, one thing I can never keep track of at home when I am sewing is little scissors.....so I put on my thinking cap and went to work on an idea.  lol!

Wanna see what I came up with?

Picture this with a brand new pair of paper snips....just for my sewing area.  They are on the way :)  real shocker, huh?  hehehehe!!!

I cut coordinating pieces of fabric - SO easy with our Designer Fabric packages!!!  Of sourse I had to use Sweet Stitches :)  Oh yeah!  I didn't say how I cut it, did I?  I used the petal cone die and my big shot!  Sweet, huh?  I put two pieces together and sewed them up, creating a little place for my new snips.  Don't you just LOVE that pom pom trim?????  I absolutely do - I sure hope it continues in the next cattie.

I used a piece of dafffodil delight satin ribbon to create a hanger and tacked it on the back.....but I don't like to see "stuff".......so I sewed a pumpkin pie button over the stitches - viola!  No sewing stitches!  lol!!!

Now, you know I couldn't adorn the back and not add some sweetness to the front.  So I decided to push a fabric designer brad through.  Well - I actually didn't just "push" it through, per say......I used a hand held punch and punched a hole and then put my brad in it.  I then stitched two bright buttons around that and tracked the front flap down to the cone.

I haven't received any love here in a while - leave me a comment letting me know what you think.  I don't bite ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!!


Deb

Alvina said...

What a great idea! I want to try this!