Friday, February 27, 2009

I have been thinking of You.......

I started today to make a sympathy card. I don't know about you, but when I actually need the Sympathy card....I hate to make it, so I try to make up a few ahead sometimes. I thought today would be one of those cards....but it evolved into a Thinking of You card...which is great in itself. I did not put a sentiment inside, Thinking of You can go in so many directions....sympathy....get well....how about just hello.....birthday.....you get the picture. :)

In making this card...it went a total different direction than what I had in my head....my "about to split open" head! My headache is one of those that your vision is blurred a little....argh!!! It is a brought on myself headache, I think. NO....I was not drinking last night, last week or even last year.....I am trying to break myself off of my caffinated diet orange sunkist soda. I {luv} it....but I have been having off the charts heart burn...I will spare all of you the details of the acid puking in my sleep...that is how bad it has been. It dawned on me about a week ago that it might be the orange soda....or chocolate....oh my!

pause....my little one is standing behind me on my computer chair and her Finding Nemo movie is over and she wants me dance like an anemone.....oh jeez! lol! Ever see that debt monkey commercial???? Well....I call my little girl "my silly monkey"...need I say any more? hehehe!!!

ok...I'm back. So back to my first getting off track....this past Wednesday I did not have any diet orange all day...no firing inferno in my throat or dragon flames when I opened my mouth.... We stopped at Giant Eagle before going to my daughter's peewee bowling league...and there it was in the cooler beside out register...I caved. A half of a 16 oz. bottle later...I feel like I am going to die!!! So last night...I tested the waters with Diet Coke...my previous love....and no heart burn. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!??!?!??!?!?! And you know what....after my diet coke last night...no more headache either...so now I have a caffeine dependence it seems....lol! So here I sit with my diet coke, trying to recover......

Oh the card!!! Sorry about getting off track of getting off track.....you see I am in diet orange soda detox.....

Here it is anyway....

The main image is from Thoughts and Prayers. This is such a beautiful stamp set. The sentiments are unbelievable....the two main images are gorgeous....I just can't say enough. I can say though that I don't think this card does the set justice....I will have to try again. Oh darn.....I will HAVE to stamp again.....

I embossed the tree image with versamark and clear embossing powder on mellow moss card stock. I sponged mellow moss and always artichoke around it...creating a haze of sorts.... I then matted that onto very vanilla and then chocolate chip. Next I pulled out my new 5/16th inch brads in chocolate chip .....my, are these babies nice! I put them in the three corners and then adhered that whole panel down with stampin' dimensionals. The sentiment is also from thoughts and prayers. I inked it up with always artichoke and stamped it onto very vanilla and then punched it out with my wide oval punch.

Did you see that panel that surrounds the sentiment?????? I cut that with my big shot and my new sizzlet die from lots of tags. The wide oval fits it perfectly!!!! I mounted that up on stampin dimensionals and tied a piece is mellow moss taffeta ribbon through it and around the card.

That about sums it up....I sure hope I did not let you down. Now to go caress my diet coke....

No comments: