Friday, September 10, 2010

Oh.....how time just slips away!!

Is everyone else out there feel like they live in fast forward???  I seriously need a date book for my date book!!  LOL!!!  BUT - I did stamp something that I can share yesterday.  YAY!!!!  It felt soooo good to pull stuff out for fun!  Well....it was in a mad rush....but it was still fun!  heheheheeeee!!!!

I saw a sketch somewhere on someone's blog sometime ago......and for some reason it stuck with me.  Aren't you proud??  I didn't have to sketch it down or add it to my favorites or go looking for it somewhere....it was just there when I sat down to stamp - so that is what I started with.  Wanna see what I came up with???

Do ya???


I can't hear you.............







Ok....that is better!  Here it is:

I absolutely love the Apple Blossom Level 2 Hostess set in the Idea Book and Catalog.  I was immediately drawn to it......but sadly, this is the first time I actually pulled it out...and I have had it since July..... :(
But....all is well now - it has been inked and I still am lovin' it!!

I made this for my daughter's kindergarten teacher.  I will need to send her a note at some point and I plan on using this card to do it.  Last year, my baby was in a private preschool and I made cards for the teacher when I sent her tuition checks in and she really loved getting them - so I am hoping her kindergarten teacher will like the cards also.

The base is cherry cobler - LOVE this red!!!  I mean I {{LOVE}} this red........really love it!  I stamped the apple image in the bottom corner and added the sentiment "just a note" over it....over the 4u on the apple actually.  Get it???  Just a note 4 u????  I need to get more sleep, huh?

The center panels are very vanilla stamped with images in Apple Blossom in marina mist, cherry cobbler, always artichoke and sahara sand.  The sahara sand is the open dot stamp in the set - I'm not sure it shows up here.....  Then I matted each of those panels with basic black.  The horizontal panel is marina mist and basic black that I accented with black brads.  The torn panlel is sahara sand.  I wrinkled the card stock, crumpled it, flattened it, wrinkled some more, rolled it in a ball, and then just when the card stock thought it had a minute's rest - I pulled it apart to expose the paper fibers inside of the card stock!!  Oh yeah, I showed it who was boss!!  uh huh....I can really dominate a piece of card stock.....can you?  lol!!!

So, back to reality....I wanted to inside to be a light color so I could write in it....so here it is:

sweet, huh?

WHAT?????  I didn't hear you?



Oh - you have a question???


What is it?


Are you kidding me????  Where did I come up with this color scheme????
Do you people ever listen to me?????  I got it straight out of the idea book and catalog!  Now go get your book!!

turn to page 179.   do it.

do you see the Simply Scrappin kit - Christmas Cheer?  Oh yes I did.....got the color right there and threw in sahara sand for the halibut!

The next time you are stumped on a color scheme.  start with you card base color...what do you want to use for your base???  Pull out your idea book and catalog.....and LOOK.  :)  Stampin' Up! does all of the work for us....all we have to do is execute our ideas.

Talk about work...I better run and get there :)
Happy Stampin' y'all!!  (lol!!)

No comments: