Saturday, September 22, 2007

Simply Said... a buckle card!


If you like neat card folds like this you will want to join my Stamper's Hostess Club! Make sure to ask me how!

Now for the makings of this card:
I started with a Basic Black card base measuring 5 1/2 x 7 scored at 4 1/4. I then placed a piece of scratch paper inside the card and wheeled the Kindness Jumbo Wheel inked in Whisper White Craft ink and laid that aside to dry. If you are impatient for the craft ink to dry because it takes some time, you can dry it with your heat gun. The inside of the card was 4 x 5 1/4 in Regal Rose stamped with two of the flower images in the Simply Said stamp set in Regal Rose and Basic Black Classic inks. To make the buckle hole on your card front, slide the Word Window punch in as far as it will go and punch that out. The buckle is a piece of Regal Rose cut 1 5/8 x 5 1/2 and stamped with another flower from Simply Said in Basic Black. I colored in the flower centers with the White Gel Pen. If you have been to any of my classes or workshops, you know I love that pen! Slide your "belt" through the buckle hole to adhere it to the inside card back to make sure it lines up with the hole. Adhere the inside of the card with the "belt" attached. I added ribbon to the side of the buckle hole by sliding the Rectangle Hand Held Punch in as far as it would go on the spine of the card and punching a hole. I then tied Black Gingham ribbon in a simple knot and then tied Pink Gingham ribbon in a simple knot over that to create a two colored knot. Stamp and mat you main image as desired. I used the row of flowers from Simply Said in Basic Black and colored in the flowers with the fine tip of the Regal Rose Stampin' Write Marker.

And there you have it....A Buckle Card.
If you create one of these cards, I would love to see it!

No comments: