Friday, September 21, 2007

Wild About You!!!


Here is the card I made and sent to my high school friend's son's first birthday. I can't believe he is a year old already! Happy Birthday Macadger!
The card base is Kraft. The main image is the lion from Wild About You stamped in More Mustard Classic ink. I then stamped him again on scrap paper in Really Rust and More Mustard again. I cut out the mane in Rust and put that up on a dimensional at an angle to show more "hair." On top of the "hair," I cut out the other mustard lion's face only and took a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker and colored in the nose, mouth, and eyes. After the lion was assembled, I used the sponge dauber in more mustard and matted that image on Chocolate Chip. I layered that off set on a piece of Really Rust and stamped the Argyle stamp from All in a Row around the edges to simulate zig zag stitching. I also used that same stamp on the edges of the accent pieces of More Mustard. On the bottom piece of mustard I stamped "wild about you" from the Wild About You Set and accented it with a brad. In the upper corner, for an accent, I punched a piece of Chocolate Chip with the Word Window Punch and put a brad in the end and mounted it off the edge of the card and trimmed the end off.
I think this stamp set is sooo cute. I bought it because of it's versatility. I use it for kid's birthdays, new babies, baby announcements or just plain fun cards.
I hope you enjoy this post :)

No comments: