Thursday, May 15, 2008

Birthday Wishes...are they Tart & Tangy?

I made this card yesterday using the stamp set Tart and Tangy...which you will receive when you come to the tart and Tangy Stamp Camp...only 2 spots left...so register today!


The card base is real red. The pumpkin pie layer was scalloped along the bottom with the 3/16th inch corner rounder. It still amazes me that I can scallop edges with a corner rounder??!?!??!?! I placed a panel of Summer Picnic designer series paper along the bottom edge. The ribbon around that panel is blue gingham ribbon with a scrap of real red 1/4 inch grosgrain tied in the knot. This is a great way to use up little ribbon scraps!!! hint...hint...hint... save those scraps! lol!

I stamped my sentiment from Holidays and Wishes with basic black.

Now for those delicious, juicy cherries.......
I inked the stamp with my real red and old olive stampin' write markers and stamped it onto whisper white card stock. I punched it with the 1 3/8th inch circle punch. I matted that with a scallop circle punched out of old olive accented with the white gel pen. I adhered that with stampin' dimensionals. Now for the juicy part.........
wanna see it up close....can you tell in the picture????

I put crystal effects on the cherries to 1. bring out the color, 2. make them appear wet, 3. give them dimension....yummmmm.........

I do love this stamp set, that is for sure! I need to get more things posted with it! (Wait until you see what I can do with that strawberry!) Oh My!!!!!!

No comments: