Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Peaceful tree and I won again!!!!!

WHooooooHHOOOOOO!!!!! Can I get "whoop! whoop!"? I won another blog candy...this one from the talented Lisa Sommerville. She made this bracelet.....and I won it....can you believe it???? I was super excited when she posted that i had won...but when I received it in the mail....oh my...it is much prettier than this picture makes it! I could not get a decent picture of it to save my life today...but trust me...it's a beauty! Wanna see it?


Now...for today's online sketch challenge. I was in the mood to "do masculine" today...even though I need to get two baby girl cards done soon!!! What is wrong with me??? Why can't I focus on what needs done rather than what I feel like doing????

So here it my card for the day...it was a short lunch break and I am working on my next camp idea after my tart and tangy camp...oooo wait till you see it! Any way...for the task at hand...see how I get off track??? LOL!

My card base is close to cocoa with faux wood technique. (as well as the tag and center of the build a brad) My center panel is the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree stamped in basic brown classic ink onto very vanilla. I used my aquapainter and watercolor wonder crayons to color it in. I matted that onto night of navy. The two said panels are always artichoke stamped with the small pine branch, also from Lovely as a Tree. I matted that with chocolate chip. Both of those panels were sponged with chocolate chip.

Like the tag? I stamped the sentiment from the retired level one hostess set Riveting. I would have used Circle of Friendship, which is current, but to be honest...I couldn't reach it...my studio space is a disaster! ( I would rather stamp in it than clean it...but the time is nearing very son that I will have to get organized!....LOL!) So there is my confession for the day! I fit the center of the punched circle with a build a brad filled with a circle of faux wood. I used a hanger thingy from the antique brass hodgepodge hardware to hold my ribbon. (I am really technical, huh?) I have no idea where this ribbon came from, it was in my stash and it matched perfectly! I tied it with linen thread. Adhesive and stampin dimensionals later...a card!

Guess what????? Stampin Up! has notified the demonstrators that the finishes in the current catalog would be retiring. Meaning antique brass, aged copper and pewter. booohooo!!!!! So if you have a fondness for any of those sets....stock up!

No comments: