Monday, May 19, 2008

Make a Wish!

I made this card last week, actually. I try to post the card/project soon after I make them, but I can't always do that. This card was for my Aunt's birthday and she lives in Ohio...so I had to give it time to get there and make sure she got it before I posted it....yadda yadda yadda. So anyway...here it is:



The card base is soft sky ( I sure will miss this color...I have to do some major stocking up!). I stamped the butterfly from Live Your Dream in one random diagonal pattern off the top of the card in soft sky. My two patterned paper layers are from the super gorgeous paper pack, Afternoon Tea. (love it!) I matted both of those with chocolate chip. (Do you see a pattern of "my favorite things...?" hehehe!) I inked up the flower from Live Your Dream with wild wasabi stems, soft sky flowers and chocolate chip centers. before I stamped that...I had a thought...maybe that would be to "flat" looking. hmmm..... So I took my blue bayou sponge dauber...inked it up and daubed around the edges of the flowers...gave that flower stamp a huff...and stamped it onto whisper white card stock. oooo...just what I was looking for! I cut out the entire flower stamp with my hobby blade and had another thought.....it needed bling! ooooo..... aaaahhhhh..... So dazzling diamonds it is, applied with my 2 way glue pen. Wanna see a close up of that flower???? If you don't...scroll down real fast! lol!



OK....I needed a sentiment....I want it to fit into the 1 3/8 inch circle punch....hhmmm...... I pull out my trusty Big Bold Birthday. "There are no circle sentiments in there, Regina..." I know, I know..... I stamped the "make a wish" stamp word by word to make it tall rather than wide...do you love it? I then took that butterfly and stamped on the sentiment, punched it out...voila! I matted that onto a scallop circle in chocolate chip. I adorned that with chocolate chip twill ribbon and a ribbon slide from styled silver hodge podge set in the spring mini catalog.





I layed down my flower to find my desired position on the card...and you know what...putting the entire thing up on stampin' dimensionals wasn't going to work for me. The flower wasn't laying on the same plane throughout the entire card. You know I am too obsessive to allow that! So wanna know what I came up with? I put stampin' dimensionals under the flowers only and adhered the stems to the patterned paper with tombo mono multi glue. oooo...just what I was looking for! see?

See that bling???? ooooo.......delish!

Wait to you see what I will show you later in the week.....I have two baby gifts that I gave this weekend....I loved them...hopefully the Moms did too...and hopefully you will too! stay tuned... :)










2 comments:

Sears Family said...

Beautiful, Regina!! I love the bling flowers!

Rochelle W said...

Beautiful card!! Love love love the bling.