Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another sweet monkey love......

I really do love this stamp set, Sock Monkey, I must say. When I first saw it, I was there is no way I'd order that....the more times I would look at it I would think well, it is kind of cute. And then when placing my order.....I had to have it! I fell in love....sweet monkey love!



This was the initial way I had in mind to color this little guy...after watercoloring, of course! lol! Sock monkeys look like a bunch of tiny dots in real life, right? He is paper pieced with confetti cream for his hands, feet and face.


The bananas were colored with white craft ink and a blender pen. I matted that layer onto very vanilla and then made a scalloped panel out of the new In Color - Tangerine Tango!!! hint: I made that layer using the brand new scalloped edge punch. It is not perfect, I know...but I am working on perfecting it! I used the 1/8th handheld circle punch to thread my vanilla taffeta ribbon through...tied a simple knot...and voila--monkey love! Did I mention that the card base is kraft?

No comments: