Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Witching you.....

.....a card to look at before my big shot arrives today!!!! If you didn't see yesterday's post on the big shot...be sure to scroll down right after this post.

I took inspiration for this card from a sketch challenge. I have been wanting to make up some Halloween cards before my order came from the new catalog because I figured I would forget all about the stamps and goodies I already own to play with the new. Do you do that???? And really, I didn't even order that many new stamps. I'm just anxious to play with anything new....




The scalloped circle was made by cutting on an odd number of the coluzzle circles and using my 3/16th corner rounder to scallop the edges. There are scallop circle dies coming the big shot, so I won't have to do this any more.....but you all know I will probably still do it on occasion....I can't imagine not using my corner rounder to pretty something up.....


The card base is lavender lace. No, that is not a new color....it is in the soft subtles family. lol!!! I just don't pull it out very much. The witch kitty is from Haunting Halloween. It was stamped onto confetti white and water colored with ink refills and an aquapainter. She was cut out with the coluzzle as well leaving the hat stick out of the circle. I like to do this technique with circles and ovals. Give it a try.

The sentiment is also from the same set. I punched it out with the oval punch and matted it onto a 1 1/4 circle punch of pumpkin pie and a 1 3/8 circle of lavender lace. I accented the circles and scallop circle with simply making dots with my basic black stampin' write journaler. In the upper right corner....I decided that I needed to pull some pumpkin pie from the lower corner...so what is the easiest way to do that? Brad washers! See my tutorial HERE on how to make these.


Did you notice the bling on that basic black panel? It was so hard to capture on film....but trust me, in real life - it is super sparkly!! I stamped the star/dot from Haunting Halloween in basic black craft ink and embossed it with irredescent ice embossing powder and the heat tool.


That about sums it up for this little kitty....My order is due in today with my big shot...hopefully my little one will cooperate enough for me to get to play. Oh why, oh why doesn't she take naps any more????? I think it is a conspiracy that her daddy and she have against me....no down time for me! lol!!!

No comments: