Saturday, October 30, 2010

Out of Retirement :)

LOL!!!! 

Did you think I meant me being out of stamping retirement?? 

No silly - I meant I have used some retired stuff on this project.  I wanted to make a little something special for my daughter and her DIVA friends as the moms call them.  We all met last night for dinner - kid's choice - McDonald's......they really need to start selling "drinks" if you know what I mean....hehehe!!!  ( I don't even drink - but it does sound appealing on trick or treat night.....)  After the girls ate, we headed out for the local parade and some door to door begging  for a tootsie roll.  lol!

So, I made these for the girls - hopefully they are DIVAish enough :)

The purse was made of the top note die and the scallop oval frame die and the big shot.  The designer series paper is retired- I forget what the name of it is off the top of my head.  I also used the big shot and the sans serif alphabet dies to make their purses monogrammed.  :)  It is hard to see in the picture, but the letters are outlined with black glitter.  Gotta start them out early, right ???  hehehe!!

We are going to see my daughter's step cousins tonight,so I wanted to make them a treat bag too.  More retirees here, but there are some fun new things also.


The bag itself is made from the fancy favor box die and the big shot.  The skull stamp (just jawing) is also retired, but I still love it.... :)  But, here are some fun things I did to the skulls:

I used dazzling diamonds on both skull's eyes....but this one I used the smooch accent ink to give him a gold tooth.  Hae you ever seen The Bee Movie???  One of my favorite lines of it is when Barry Benson ( the main bee in the movie) says "I think I'll get a gold tooth and everybody can start callin' me dawg."  Guess you ahd to be (or BEE) there - but I can't get that quote out of my head since I made this.....argh!!



And this little cutie has a "pearl" tooth - I used the illuminate top coat smooch accent ink on this one.  Can you see it in the picture????

Well, I better run....2 1/2 million more thing to accomplish this morning.  Hubby would be proud, I am already doing laundry....lol!!!

No comments: