Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bringing you a Season of Joy!



I really like this card...it had very clean lines making the focal image pop out at you. The stamps are from the Season of Joy set that is in the Winter Mini catalog...only one more day to get things from this catalog...I can't believe the mini is almost over and then a retirement list Saturday.


What?!?!?!? A retirement list??!?!??!


That's right! The retirement list will be released on Saturday, December 1st. I can't believe it is time for a new catalog. It better be as awesome as this one......I'm positive that it will be!


Well...back on track with this card.


It starts with a base of Old Olive. I stamped the sentiment in Elegant Eggplant on the bottom right hand corner. That's' it...the entire base...can you believe it?


The Swirly Tree is stamped in Old Olive onto Very Vanilla. I matted that onto Elegant Eggplant leaving the bottom portion of the mat longer than the rest so I could tie that pretty little bow. The bow is tied with the Burgundy 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon right at the base of the tree image. I then matted that entire thing onto More Mustard and then to the card base.


Oh my! I forgot about the stippling around the tree on the main image! All I did for that was took my Stipple Brush and rubbed it into my ink pads (I used Old Olive and then Bravo Burgundy here) and then "pounced" it onto the main image. Stippling really softens the starkness of open spaces. You will have to try it out!


No comments: