Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks...With Gratitude!

Sorry I haven't posted a stamped creation in a while...so today - I give you two! Both cards use the same Stamp set - With Gratitude. I think this stamp set is very elegant, rustic, simple...hard to believe one set can have so many qualities!




This card uses More Mustard as a base. I stamped a leaf image in More Mustard randomly on the background. I stamped "With Gratitude" In Elegant Eggplant in the bottom corner.

The main image is stamped on Very Vanilla. I took three different leaf images and stamped them in Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant and More Mustard in a random pattern. After that I took a Stampin' Sponge and "pounced" the sponge with it's respecting color over the leaves. I did the More mustard last and filled in any empty spaces with that color. I matted that image onto Elegant Eggplant and tied a simple knot around it with 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon in Eggplant. I think this card is VERY simple for the "wow factor" it punches. I hope you agree.

Next I decided to tone things down a bit:



This card starts with a Really Rust base folded on the side. I tore off the front cover sponged all of the edges with Chocolate Chip. Isn't it fun to "dirty things up?" For the card insert I took a piece of Very Vanilla and cut it to 4x11. I folded it in half and tore off the outer edges. I stamped the leaves randomly in More Mustard, Really rust and Old Olive. Then with the Tiniest Dot pattern in Itty Bitty Backgrounds I stamped over all of the leaves with Creamy Caramel. Stamp the sentiment in Chocolate Chip and sponge all the edges like the card base.

Now back to the card base:
I took my 1/16th inch Hand Held Punch and punched two holes on either end of the card front. I took two Aged Copper brads ad slipped them into the holes and wrapped twine around them and tied a simple knot before securing the brads to the card front. Now that you have your card front finished, adhere the insert to the card front towards the "spine" of the card.

There you have two simple cards that pack "some punch." I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving, We all have so much to be grateful for!

Happy Stampin'!

No comments: