Thursday, November 15, 2007

Oh, So Lovely... (and a few tips...)








I made this card for a special customer that was in a car accident last Friday after leaving a Stamp Camp. She is doing pretty good though (still a little sore and need to follow up with her doctor) and that is all that matters! A car can be replaced.....





Now for the lighter stuff....



I stamped the flowers from the Level 1 Hostess Set Oh, So Lovely randomly with Black Staz-On ink on Whisper White. I water colored the flowers using classic inks squeezed out onto the ink pad lid with an Aquapainter. I absolutely love that technique!



I matted the main image onto Brocade Blue and then on a thin mat of Basic Black. The "from the heart" sentiment is from Holidays and Wishes. That was stamped in Mellow Moss and punched with the Large Oval Punch. I matted it with So Saffron and trimmed it out by hand.





Are you wondering yet how that ribbon is attached? I punched a hole using the large hole punch and hammer from the Tool Kit. (My Hand Held Circle Punch wouldn't make a hole that far in on the card.) I threaded the ribbon around the edge of the card and through that hole and tied a bow. Easy as that! The ribbon is Mellow Moss 1/4" Grosgrain, by the way! The card base is Mellow Moss as well...I forgot to mention that!





Check out the dimension on the sentiment:



Instead of using Stampin' Dimensionals...which I love, by the way...I used a piece of left over rubber from trimming the stamps. You can save the larger pieces and peel off the rubber and then adhere that to your image and peel off the paper backing and adhere to your project. So don't throw the big pieces or rubber away...ever...I tell you - keep 'em in a baggie...I'm serious! No, really...they are much thicker than Stampin' Dimensionals if you need your images to pop out further then a Dimensional will take you.


Until later....Happy Stampin'!


No comments: