Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A beary good birthday

HI everyone!!!

This morning, I pulled out my new set from the holiday mini, beary best friends. It is the sweetest stamp set from Stampin' Up!'s build a bear collection. You know, even if you aren't into build a bear - this stamp set makes the cutest kids cards or for people who are a kid at heart. Wanna see it?
Isn't she sweet? I will start at the card base though. It is pale plum that I embossed with my big shot using the stampin' up exclusive texturz plates. I love the subtle amount of texture that the plates offer. The designer series paper here is from cottage wall. Remember the ribbon from yesterday?? You know, the white ribbon with the red stitching along the edges????? Well...remember when I said it was from a 2 spool collection???? That gorgeous old olive taffeta ribbon with the white edges is from the other spool! That is right - both of those are from mistletoe ribbon collection! I have a feeling I will be going through a LOT of that ribbon!


The bear was watercolored with close to cocoa and an aquapainter. I colored her shoes in with the rich razzleberry stampin' write marker. Here dress was paper pieced with the same paper on the card - how cute is that?? I accented her collar, waist band and her sleeve bands with the white gel pen. The balloon was stamped on rich razzleberry card stock. Before cutting it out, I put crystal effects on it and sprinkled some dazzling diamonds on it. Doesn't that balloon look like a fun time? lol!






well, that is about it today - I have to get some laundry done.....argh!!!!

No comments: