Monday, August 10, 2009

Beauty of the Earth

HI stampers!!

Guess what?? I got to stamp today - whooohhooooo!!!!!! I really feel so much better when I carve out the time for me to create. It really takes my mind off of life. If you aren't taking time daily or at least every other day to stamp and create, you really should try to...it is so therapeutic!!! Well..I'll hop down off of my soap box, for now ;)

I have a huge preorder of goodies coming from the Holiday mini catalog tomorrow, and I still have some other goodies that haven't been loved. So I pulled out two things from my latest order and decided I was going to use them today. I absolutely love the designer series paper, Nouveau Chic and I just got it in an order last week along with a new hostess level one set, Of The Earth. So, I decided I would do an earthy card with chic colors....follow me??? lol!!


I started with the mojo monday sketch this week. To me, it screams out to use different designer series papers. That is what is so awesome about Stampin' Up!'s designer series paper collections....the guess work is done for you. If it is in the same pack - it coordinates! Like here, I used 4 different patterns. That is pretty bold for a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch canvas. hehehe!!


Here is what I came up with today. All of the designer series paper is from nouveau chic. The back three panels are layered with basic grey. The card base is sage shadow. Now to move up to the front panel. I inked up the flower and butterfly stamp with sage shadow leaves and stems. The flowers are sooo subtle, but I inked the up with barely banana and hit the tips with apricot appeal. The butterfly was inked with basic grey and the wing tips and body are basic black. I stamped two butterflies so I could mount one on a stampin dimensional. I had to bling it up a bit with a two way glue pen and dazzling diamonds. It is layered with sage shadow. I used barely banana brads from the soft subtle brads collection in the four corners. That whole panel is up on stampin dimensionals. The first grey panel behind that is basic grey that had been stamped with the single flower stem in basic grey, stamped off first. the grey layer behind that is from nouveau chic. It is accented at the top with a half circle from the 1 1/4 circle punch. I broke up the starkness of the vanilla with a basic grey corduroy button ( which is actually a brad ;) ) It is mounted up on stampin' dimensionals over the three panels and the "ribbon." I took a piece of sage shadow card stock and embossed it with the finial press embossing folder with the Big Shot. I then sponged sage shadow ink over it to highlight the embossing.


This card was sooo much fun! And it has a lot of dimension and texture. I don't know how easy that is to see in the picture.


Well....I better get some lunch made....the little one thinks she is going to fall over famished if she doesn't soon eat! lol!!! Let me know what you think.....

4 comments:

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Gorgeous card and color combo!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is gorgeous! BR-T

Anonymous said...

oh my Regina this is so lovey!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is beautiful