Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Baby to Celebrate

Hi stampers!!

I am showing you another card I made for the DIVA display board. When I sat down to make this card...I knew where I wanted it to go. surprised? lol!! I wanted a baby card for another friend of the family and club member that had become a grandma for the first time -Hey Barb!! She is a quilter, so I new I wanted to use my quilted top note that the directions are for HERE. And also, I wanted to make something that I could recreate for the DIVA display using pleats or ruffles. That seems like a big order to fill, doesn't it? Well, here is what I came up with:


I absolutely loved this card as soon as it was done....I wanted to curl up in it and snuggle a baby with that "new baby" smell....lol! The card base is brocade blue. The designer series paper is from the Pawsitively Prints, it is with the Build a Bear collection. the paper has nothing to do with Build a Bear, per say, it just has small prints that were designed to use as clothes for the dies. If it is good enough for bear clothes, it is better for a baby quilt!!

The scallop circle is whisper white, punched with the scallop circle punch. I stamped the boat from nursery necessities inked up with stampin' write markers and cut out the individual pieces and adhered them down with stampin' dimensionals. the ribbon is white satin ribbon pleated with mini glue dots onto a piece of pumpkin pie card stock.


What do you think of this "baby"? hehehe!!

I will continue to dribble out the samples and anything else I get done that I can post....I am working on getting things lined up for next week's all occasions stamp camp.

No comments: