Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I {heart} ruffles!!

Not on my clothes, mind you....but on my paper crafts!!

Remember THIS card? Well....I was super excited when Janet Wakeland asked me to do some samples for a display board at DIVA Days because of this card. I belong to a focus group under her called Dreambuilders and there is a sub group with in that group called DIVAS. She was hosting a diva meeting and since I live so far away from her, I usually do DIVA long distance. So, she asked me to create some samples and ship them to her for a board....how awesome is that!?!!?!??! It probably wouldn't be so exciting for most of you...but it was for me!! It was my first little publishing, in my mind. And for doing it, she rewarded me with free goodies - does it get any better????

Anyway...the first card I made to send in was a valentine. I absolutely love the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set, so I had to pull it out for a sample!  I was so inspired by Cindy Major's card here, but changed things up a little bit.

Did you see that Christmas designer series paper??? You didn't? Look closer....the vanilla with real red polka dots?? See it now? It is from the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' kit. Don't go stashing your Christmas goodies away - they will move right in on Valentine's day. :) The horizontal panels are very vanilla matted with basic black. The bottom one, I stamped with the medallion background stamp in basic black classic ink. The top panel was accented with a curly label punch in real red folded in half and clipped on with a clip from the clip assortment accented with a piece of black gingham ribbon.


ooo....Back to the bottom panel....Did you see that ribbon??? Oh yes, we carry that in the current catalog. Don't recognize it?? Really???? It is the 5/8" real red grosgrain ribbon! Oh yes it is!! I threaded a piece of red sewing thread in a needle and basted right down the center. (basting is just a very simple up and down stitch that runs in a line - easy peasy!!) I pulled the thread to gather the ribbon and voila! Gathered ribbon in any of our ribbon colors! {luv} it!

Now to my little heart cluster - The scallop circle is actually cut with the big shot and the exclusive pennant XL die from Stampin' Up!. The real red circle was punched with the 1 3/4 inch circle punch. Matts nicely together, huh? I then stamped the dotted heart from I {heart} Hearts in basic black onto very vanilla. And since we have the option to get clear mounted rubber now....I was easily able to stamp the filigree heart ( from the same set) with out using a stamp a ma jig. I am in love!! the other little punched hearts are from the heart trio punch.

Are you wondering about my dimension???? You know I can't do a card without tons of stampin' dimensionals.....well, what do you think of all of this dimension, baby?

I would love to know what you think of this card - I had a ton of fun putting it together!!

1 comment:

Cindy Major said...

Thank you for the mention, I appreciate it!

Have a nice weekend,
Cindy