Thursday, May 5, 2011

Beautiful......Always

Hello, again ;)

This could be a record for me.....hehehe!!!  I have been on a scrap booking roll in honor of National Scrapbook Month.  It feels really good to be just about caught up for this year...I'm not caught up, but close.  Closer than any other year.....lol!!!

I have always loved Page Maps by Becky Fleck and I stumbled across the Page Maps Blog a few weeks ago....and they have a sketch challenge....and you all know how I {{luv}} a challenge......lol

So, here is the sketch that was provided:

I had just. the. picture. for this layout.  I took a close up of my daughter the day of her Dance Recital photo shoot before she had her towel wrap over her leotard....she just turned around and I snapped a picture.  I had to pull it out for this sketch.  Wanna see what I did?

Well - how did I do?
The card base is crumb cake.  I'm sure you are all surprised ;) .....I adore crumb cake.  The designer series paper is from elegant Soiree  .  The flower is made from layering paper daisies that I sponged marina mist on and petals from the blossoms petal punch.  I adhered the layers together with a 5/8 inch jumbo brad - these make the greatest flower center.

Something to note....the horizontal very vanilla panel behind the picture looked pretty bland on the left hand side and I knew I was going to do the journaling on the right......So I pulled out Always and stamped the flourish with crumb cake ink. 

Did you see the banners at the bottom??

 I made those from cutting rectangles out of scraps of designer series paper.  AND then......magic happened.  :)  I used the brand new postage punch to cut the V out of the banner and then to adorn the top edge of the banner.  Sweet little detail, I think.  I also decided to layer a marina mist and a night of navy button on them that I first tied a bow using the brand new early espresso bakers twine.  Oh me Oh my......these new goodies are absolutely awesome!!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A great page, these papers are fabulous for scrapbook layouts aren't they?