Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

ETA: this post was supposed to post itself before the last post.....sometimes scheduling posts with blogger doesn't post when it should.....sorry about the wonky wording between the last two posts.  knowing that this one was supposed to post before the last one should make the hinting about fabulous florettes  make sense :)


HI All!  Happy Mather's Day to all the mommas and grandmas out there in blog land!!!

I wasn't able to share today's card with you until I saw my mom, since she follows my blog.  Her favorite color combo is black, white and red.  So - with those colors in mind - here is what I came up with:

I really wanted to use the new stamp set, Fabulous Florets.  I absolutely love this new set in the Summer Mini!!!  I used it for my Mom's card and one of my grandma's cards - that one will come later this week.  I also had to squeeze in using one of the new triple layer punches - I can't get enough of them :)  I used it two different ways in this card - did you catch that???

I used it to make the layered flower in the word MOM and I also used it for the boarder of the flower panel.  Clever, huh?  I thought so ;)  A pretty black satin bow brings it all together - after using the spritzer tool with a basic grey marker......I had to distress it out a little........lol

Well.....I better get back to blog surfing....hehehe!!!

No comments: