Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Step into my Enchanted Gardens

HI All!!

I have a little scrapbook layout to share with you today.  I am working at getting our Disney trip all done......and we went to Disney World last May.....argh!!!   I am so far behind, I really thought I was in first place.....really.  Any way....I did a layout last week for some of the beautiful topiaries that were in Epcot.   They really do amazing stuff with food and shrubs.  awesome.

Here is what I came up with:



Life size princesses and princes......astounding.
Let's get to the dirt.......lol.  I wanted to use floral paper that had pink tones in it.....so I pulled out Fabulous Florettes and made my own!!  The flowers are stamped onto whisper white card stock and then I felt it lacked depth.....so I sponged the flower centers with daffodil delight ink......still a little "off" to me......so I pulled out my spritzer tool and regal rose stampin write marker and went to town.  :D  And I couldn't resist using the triple layer flower punch for a border.....again.  :)  Doesn't it make the sweetest border??  I think so.  And then to ground it to my background page, I added a strip of always artichoke designer series paper from the regals pack.  Take a closer look:



I cut the title with my big shot and the timeless type alphabet sizzlets.  yummo.....  And to give them a little depth, I accented highlight marks with a stampin' write marker.  And I ha to cut some flowers out for accents.  see?



That is the greatest thing about stamping your papers and accents......you can have perfectly coordinated pieces to match your "designer series paper."  Well - how did I do?  I would love to hear your feedback.

1 comment:

Becky Cowley said...

I think your "DSP" is gorgeous! I love the color scheme. I too like to create my own "DSP". so many possibilities!