Wednesday, May 11, 2011

You are SNOW CUTE!!!!

HI all! 

This layout is a bitter sweet reminder of our winter this past year.  My hubby fell out of his truck before thanksgiving and ended up with surgery and a winter off and totally out of commission.  It was a long winter here in western Pa......a long - cold - snowy winter.  And my little one loves to play in the snow - but that is daddy's thing.  I don't do cold physically well at all.....I mean at. all.  So, needless to say - our daughter really suffered in the playing in the snow department.....and she really likes it.  So - this day the winter moons finally aligned.   lol!!  It was finally warm enough when we had snow when it wasn't windy......you know all of the normal winter stuff finally took a break, so to say.  So after school, I told her we could play out for a short while......she ran with it.....she did everything she could do with the snow in a short time......including mowing it.  Yep - you read that right - she pushed her little plastic mower through the snow like she was mowing the lawn.....that was super cute.  lol!!!

Well- that was alot of information - huh?  Sorry - my fingers are feeling rather chatty tonight - haha!!!  Wanna see the layout????



Get it?  Snow cute????  lol!  Here is a peek at the left hand side:



I used the splatter stamp from extreme elements to represent a snow ball splatter.  I stamped it with whisper white craft ink and let it dry instead of embossing it.

The title was cut with my big shot and the serif essentials bigz dies and the timeless type sizzlets.   {{luv}} it!

Here is a look at the right hand layout:



The designer series paper is from the subtles designer series paper packs.  I ran a strip of early espresso 5/8th inch grosgrain ribbon along the edge.  And - I had to add a layer of the tinsel trim form the holiday mini - I would love to see this come back to the regular cattie........it is so cute and sparkly!!! 



I also used the snowflake die and northern frost sizzlet strip die to cut my snowflakes for the vertical panel.  I added dazzling diamonds to the snowflakes randomly with a 2 way glue pen.  And then, I accented some of the flakes with designer buttons and the brand new white bakers twine.  A strip of whisper white card stock with some journaling rounds up the layout.

I would love to read your thoughts on my layout.....happy stampin'!

No comments: