Tuesday, September 16, 2008

It's been a VERY long week so far......

I'm sorry if you have been wondering what has happened to me.....maybe you don't give two hot dogs here I've been....but I will fill you in anyway.

Well....first of all...it ll started when Ike plowed through western Pa with very powerful winds....Sunday evening. We all sat down to watch the Steeler game....HELLO....they are playing the Browns.....what else would we have been doing????? The wind started to really pick up.....trees blowing like crazy....winds howling through here like we lived near the ocean....you get the picture, right? lol!!!! Just a few minutes into the game....he lights dimmed several times...like a horror picture, lol!!! I ran towards my computer to try to get it shut off before the electric went out for good. I didn't make it...not even close.... :-( (note - the last time we had one of these power surges, my computer bit the dust and I had to restore it back to factory settings. Let me tell you...I lost so many files...so much information....so I didn't wan tis to happen again!!!!)

So, the lights went out.....we did get power restored Monday afternoon around 2:00, but I had left Monday and Tuesday with my daughter to camp (previously planned....thank goodness!!!). The second my hubby answered the phone on Monday night...I sent him right to the computer....he knows nothing about 'puters so I was grabbin' at straws here. He couldn't get it to turn on.....my heart sank! I can't be disconnected.....these aren't the pony express days here.....lol!

So fast forward...I come home Tuesday to give the power button a try myself....maybe he was pushing a disk eject button, right??? lol!! Well....nothing!! Didn't my computer recognize my touch???? I am in panic mode now.....

I call a computer repair lady...she can't even look at my poor 'puter until Thursday night....WHAT????!?!?! Thursday night??? What can I do....Hubby is NOT going to agree to another one before someone looks at it...I can tell you that right now.....So what is a girl to do??? Beg to borrow a spare computer....that is what a girl is to do!!!! LOL!!! So, here I sit...n borrowed notebook trying to let you know where I have been......So, I don't know if I will get to upload any pictures for you.....

And if you have emailed me the last three days.....I am not ignoring you....I can't get to you....I will try to check my email through this computer...argh!!!!!

Did I mention that the torque converter needed replaced in my car...that I have ad since this April this week too??!?!?!! A girl needs a break here........lol!!!

Happy Stampin' everyone!!!

No comments: