Saturday, September 27, 2008

Scrappin' Saturday

Well....I am going to try something new to get me caught up on my scrapbooking....God knows, I need something to help me get caught up! lol!! I am going to try to post a scrapbook page here every Saturday. Now, don't beat me 50 lashes with a wet lasagna noodle if I don't get to it...but, I am going to give it an honest try. Thanks goes out to Colleen F. for the little boost I needed.... ;) First of all....let me get my confessions out of the way....

1. I will try to post all pages that are SU! only....but occasionally I might slip in contraband....I have as many scrappin' supplies as any local Mike's...that is no lie!

2. If it is SU! only...it might use retired designer series paper - when I buy it, I have my scrapbooks in mind...and since I am behind....well - you get the picture ;)

3. I never used to post pages with pictures on them...just empty mats...so if it is a page on my little one...her face will be blocked. Call me old fashioned....

So, with all of that out of the way....I will tell you about this page:

My daughter has always like to just "play toys..." I don't know what it is...but she loves to sit among a mess of toys and play.....and play....and play.... I like to capture everyday things in her scrapbook, especially. There is more to life than "events," right?

The base page is whisper white, obvious, right? The designer series paper is from a retired pack - Flowers for You. This layout could be scrap lifted with any current paper though....

I scalloped the edge of the pink printed paper with my scalloped edge punch and tore one edge of the white printed paper. My title was stamped onto regal rose with white craft ink using the big deal alphabet and mounted up on stampin dimensionals. The two pictures are just as they were taken - 4x6 butted against each other. My journaling is done on 1/2 inch strips of lovely lilac with the white gel pen. I did accent the journaling panels with flowers punched with the three for you punch adhered down with white brads. NO...STAMPIN' UP DOES NOT SELL WHITE BRADS....BUT HERE IS HOW YOU MAKE 'EM.....hold a silver or gold brad with tweezers by the prongs. Push the brad end into your versamark ink pad and dip into white embossing powder. Emboss with heat tool, let cool and there you have it....WHITE BRADS! :)

Here is a closer look at my corners....when you are covering two of your four scalloped corners, they don't have to work out perfect. {hint...hint}

I just punched out various circles from regal rose, lovely lilac, and pretty in pink card stock. I stamped some flowers from ginormous flowers onto whisper white with lavender lace, regal rose, pretty in pink...and yes...I know I used all lovely lilac card stock and then stamped lavender lace flowers....that wasn't a type error. :) Some circles and all of the flowers were mounted up on stampin dimensionals. The stamped flowers all have "bling" centers of rhinestone brads from both the fire and ice round rhinestone brads.

That about sums us up here.....Let me know what you think of my first Scrappin' Saturday.....




No comments: