Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gift Card Inspired

Hi Stampers!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately...I have been prepping for clubs and the gift bag and tag stamp camp tomorrow night all week. I was in my local Giant Eagle and was browsing the gift cards....and one from Bath and Body Works popped out at me! I didn't buy it...it was a $25 card, and I didn't need it...but I put the image in my little image bank in my head...lol! It was a plain white gift card with a grayish colored twig tree with a red bird on the branch. Do you know where I am going with this??? hehehe!!! That was it on the card other than the Bath and Body Works logo in red. So...we have a plain white card...grayish colored tree, red bird and red writing......soooooo.....




What do you think? This card was so simple, and I like it! I sure hope Season of Friendship makes it into the regular catalog....Stampin' Up! - are you reading this??!??!??!?! I did change up the inspiration though...I made a red card base.

The card base is real red. I stamped the snowflake from season of friendship in whisper white craft ink and heat set it with my heat tool. The main image is whisper white. I stamped the tree in sahara sand and the little bird in real red. I matted that onto sahara sand. I decided to do a "banner" type sentiment instead of stamping it onto the main image. I stamped it and cut a v into the one side. I adhered it to the main image panel with vintage brads on one end. For the wave in the middle, I stacked three stampin dimensionals on top of each other and then adhered the other end with a small piece of sticky strip. I mounted the entire main panel on stampin' dimensionals. Here is a better angle of the banner and the inside of the card.



What do you think? Sweet and simple, huh?


Well...back to work....I need to get a few things done today before taking the little one to lunch at Burger King to play in the play land with two of her cousins.

No comments: