Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Balloon's up!

Hey! A second post in one day????? What is up with that? Well....I can tell you my union benefits have kicked in this week and my little one has taken two naps so far. Today....nap number 2!

This card is for today's online sketch challenge. I must admit, though, that when I saw the long main image panel...I couldn't get balloons out of my head! So I decided to use my Sale A Bration set - Birthday Whimsey. I didn't really get the chance to use my sale a bration sets like I would have liked to because I was cramming in Artisian Award entries. So still today...even though Sale A Bration is over....they feel so neglected!!! I don't very often post projects using retired stuff...but today I could resist. I wanted to create a masculine card that wasn't too "over the top" manly....maybe I could use it for a young man or an older "little" boy. Don't get me wrong, I love to do cards that are strictly for an older man...but today I wanted to get a different feel. I hope you agree that I met that goal of mine.


Here it is:


It's pretty straight forward....base is kraft, horizontal panel is wild wasabi matted in chocolate chip. present stamp is stamped in certainly celery so it would be more muted than if I did tone on tone with wild wasabi. See those brads???? Did you read my earlier post today that showed you how to do that? If not scroll down one post....there is a tutorial on how to make washers for you brads.


The vertical panel is confetti white matted with not quite navy. I really like to use confetti white or confetti cream when I am going to have a big open space that will not be sponged or distressed in any way. The flecks of color in both really set off the panels. My balloons are done using an older technique - rock 'n' roll. The colors were bashful blue and not quite navy for the blue ones and certainly celery with wild wasabi for the green one. The strings are natural twine adhered to the back. Two of the balloons are adhered with stampin' dimensionals.


What do you think? It's a pretty plain card for me....I usually sponge, distress, ink edges, color, etc...etc...etc....and I really enjoy stepping back and making a card that has clean lines and straight forward stamping.

No comments: