Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I wanna be a cowboy baby......

lol!!!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a few days! I went to a play date yesterday morning and had an appointment yesterday afternoon.. When I got home from all of that....I got a phone call that I forgot my camera at the play date. I am so sad!!! I don't like to be without my camera at all!!!!!! I can't take pictures of new stuff to post let alone not being able to take a picture of my little one if a "cute moment" occurs! I checked my picture folder on my computer and realized that the stuff I did last week and already mailed out are on here already!!! no camera necessary!!!! So you shouldn't have to be punished for my inability to keep track of a simple camera, right????


A friend of the family had a birthday Sunday and he likes western stuff, so I used this a perfect opportunity to execute something I have had swimming in my little head for a long time!


So...here it is:


Does it look like an outfit? hehehe!!! Ever since I bought this set, a while ago......, I have envisioned a belt buckle out of this stamp. oh my! I need help, I know! I am starting to envision clothing pieces looking at stamps or pulling inspiration from our stamps when I am in town......sickness, I know! ;)


The base is blue bayou with a top fold. I stamped it with my brand new twill background.....I can tell already I am going to have a very deep connection with this background stamp....kinda like me and my sanded background....some stamps just mean more to you than others....while you love them all...some hold special places in your stamping heart...this is one of them. Anyway...it was stamped with blue bayou ink. The top (shirt) is real red stamped with the small flower medallion from Wanted in real red then stamped with the paisley stamp, also from Wanted, in whisper white craft ink. I dried that with my heat tool....way too impatient to let it dry alone. lol! I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment using my stamp a ma jig with fundamental phrases. This set is a very valuable set....the words are all separate so you can combine them in many ways. Love versatility!!!


I made the belt from 5/8 inch wide vanilla grosgrain ribbon. I wanted to use the 5/8 inch chocolate chip grosgrain but I am all out....can you believe it????
not having chocolate chip ribbon??????
what?!?!??!?!??
I know!!!!!
It is already on it's way from Stampin' Up!, don't worry. Now for that little...or not so little...belt buckle. I stamped the large medallion from Bronc Buster in encore silver ink onto brushed gold card stock and embossed it with silver embossing powder and my heat tool. Wanna see it closer????
After cutting it out, following the outline of the stamp, the buckle was adhered with stampin' dimensionals.

Well....that is about it today....go stamp!

No comments: