Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Scrappin' afternoon style~

Hi all! I have a scrapbook layout to share with you today! I started my inspiration with a scrapbook layout challenge. Here is that layout:



I have been itching to do a layout with the papers with the Afternoon Tea DS Papers. I had a layout in mind with pictures of my grandma. I'll give you a little background on the pictures (that aren't on the page yet...I'll add those later today...). They are pictures of my grandma on her birthday two years ago...I know...that is how far behind I am. (Well...I am further behind than that but I am telling myself that scrappin' started when my little one was born now. lol!!). She was wearing a light peach sweater with a few small flowers on the front so I thought the guava with a touch of wasabi would be perfect. Wanna see it?



First off, I gotta tell you...all of the edges were distress by swiping them across my chocolate chip ink pad to kind of antique them a bit. The base is all the same piece of ds paper. The three photos are matted onto chocolate chip. Where my forth photo was supposed to be (according to the sketch), I used for a journaling block. I still can't get into the mindset to scrap without journaling. I see lots of layouts that really don't have journaling....I just can't do it. The half oval on the right is also from the afternoon tea ds paper pack. The flower accents are two different sizes punched with the boho blossoms punch adhered with an antique copper brad mounted up on stampin' dimensionals. The title isn't stampin' up. They are thickers. I have soooooo much scrapbooking stuff already, you will probably see some of it infiltrate into my scrapbooking posts. I hope you don't mind. ;)

No comments: