Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Want more scrapbbooking?

I have two pages to show you today. I started them last week and just finished up last night. This weekend was a busy one to say the least so I didn't get to even look at my desk! (insert sad face here.....) My little one has been wanting her "big girl bed" so she finally got it! She wanted her room to be decorated in...are you ready for this???.....Hello Kitty! Let me tell you...decorating a bedroom on a non-hello-kitty-collector budget wasn't easy! I don't know how she got that in her head!!! They had sheets and blankets at Target and she picked it there....I tried to get her to change into something easier to decorate around....Princess...Dora....Sesame Street.....she wouldn't budge! I wanted her transition into a new bed to be positive....so hello kitty it was! With all of that going on and my husband spending all weekend building a vinyl shed kit for all of her outside stuff so her could get his space back we had a jam packed weekend!!! That is why it took me a two week spread to get these pages done...don't get me wrong...it does take me a very long time to make decisions on scrapbooking...it usually doesn't take me two weeks! LOL!!!!!

Anyway...here they are:




The base is barely banana with flowers from Ginormous Flowers stamped all over the background. I inked them in barely banana and rock and rolled them in summer sun. my patterned paper is from Flowers From You. The two pinks are pretty in pink and pixie pink. I made scallops with my slit punch and accented them with my white gel pen. my title "Sweet Cheeks" is stamped with a retired alphabet - Letterpress. I inked then in pretty on pink and rocked the top and bottom with pixie pink onto whisper white card stock. I then cut them out with my hobby blade and cutting mat. Let me tell you...this was a bit labor intensive but I could have NEVER done it with scissors!!!! I love to cut things out with my hobby knife and cutting mat. All the flowers were cut out with the hobby blade as well (unless they were flowers from a punch.....).


My tags on the left hand page are stamped with sentiments from Warm Words. I punched their edges with my 3/16th inch corner rounder and tag corner punch. I then punched a hole for the ribbon with my 1/8th inch handheld punch and threaded pink gingham ribbon through. The flower adornments are two layer. The bottom flower is from the boho flower punch and the upper flower is from three for you. They are adhered together and to the tags with gold brads. Those are mounted up on stampin' dimensionals.


The flowers that accent the larger picture on the left and the journaling block on the right are stamped with various flowers from ginormous flowers and layered with a fire rhinestone brad holding them together. Gotta have bling in the scrapbook, right? They are mounted up on stampin' dimensionals as well.


My journaling is done with my pixie pink stampin' write marker.


Wanna hear something about these pictures? When my little one was not on the go...I would lay out a sheet or something and just snap pictures of her at least weekly...the pictures from this are from one of those sittings. I also had her picture taken professionally once a month for her first year...so needless to say I have a ton to scrap of her! These pictures really had nothing to do with her cheeks....but when I was deciding what to title these pages...her smile and her cheeks (which she has grown into :) ) just radiated from the pictures. And I tell you....I never took her anywhere (and I ahve taken her everywhere with me...I don't like to leave her behind.) that someone didn't comment on her cheeks and her eyes! Perfect strangers would approach us and make comments on how beautiful her eyes were and how cute her cheeks were! So I decided to scrap about that. Isn't that really what scrapbooks are about?? The day to day stuff that would eventually be lost in time....not really just the big stuff like birthdays or graduations. Making my daughter's scrapbooks have taken me into a place with journaling I never thought I would go....deep! I want her to know "stuff" not just dates of snapshots....you know what I mean? This is why I am sooooooo very far behind! That is ok...I will catch up....someday...hopefully....maybe.....but if I never do...you know what....what she will have will mean something to her...her story...her life. I hope anyway.....maybe she won't give 2 craps about it....who knows???


Oh well..enough rambling.....I tend to go into great lengths when I get up early and post, don't I? Maybe because I don't have anyone chattering in my ear for a snack....drink....movie change....a new dvd.....dress my baby......another snack.....play a game on your computer mom?.......can i paint?......what else is on my channels?...... Now I see why it takes me two weeks to get 2 pages done! hehehehe!!! Oh well...I wouldn't trade it. I'm not saying I wouldn't like a minutes peace once in a while...but I wouldn't trade it!


Now....dig deep and go stamp a scrapbook page! You heard me...go! lol!!!!

No comments: