Thursday, April 10, 2008

Solitude

Have you ever participated in a challenge that I have participated in and then posted here? Well...if you haven't, here is your chance! This card was inspired from a color inspiration over at Kristina Werner's blog. Weekly, she posts a picture she has found inspiration in and then translates the colors into Stampin' Up! colors.....how great is that?????


Here is the inspiration picture:






Isn't it serene? Oh, how I could go there!!!!






These are the colors that was inspired from this beautiful picture:


very vanilla, tempting turquoise, taken with teal, old olive, chocolate chip, close to cocoa


The Chocolate chip, cocoa, vanilla and old olive are right up my alley....I don't use the others very much. I like the colors...believe me...I just don't instantly "go to" them when creating. Often I find myself in a mode that I only use two colors and then white or vanilla....so I wanted to use all of these beauties on my card for today. (Well, actually I made it yesterday....I just didn't have the chance to post it....sorry!)

Here it is:

My base is chocolate chip...can't go wrong there, right? hehehehe!!! My background panel is mainly tempting turquoise stamped with taken with teal ink. I used the flower trio in the level 2 hostess set, Spring Solitude. I love this little branch and bird. CUTE!!!! I flanked the long edges with a piece of close to cocoa and then a scalloped piece of taken with teal. I scalloped it with my slit punch...easy peasy!!!!

My main panel is vanilla stamped with the branch numerous times from Spring Solitude. I inked it up with stampin' write markers - chocolate chip and old olive. I stamped it generation style to give color variance with the branch. Next I inked up that cute little bird with tempting turquoise and then took my taken with teal stampin write marker and inked up his belly. Did you notice the difference in color? I matted that onto old olive with the bottom portion much longer than the rest. I used the mat pack to align three holes for brads. I made washers for my brads like I did HERE and put them behind three blue rhinestone brads from the ice rhinestone brad pack. That was mounted on stampin' dimensionals....I know...big surprise, huh? luv my dimensionals!

If you do follow this inspiration...I would love to see it! post a link to your creation here in the comment section of this post.

No comments: