Friday, April 25, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - week 44

Howdy! I come to you today with another blogger's challenge group card. This week we were to use certainly celery, brocade blue, so saffron and chocolate chip......so up my alley! I bought pun fun last month and can you believe this is the first time inking it up????? The images in this set are soooooo cute!!!! So this would be the time it would see ink!

Here is my creation this week:





The card base is brocade blue. I punched stars with stampin' up!'s star punch and adhered them to my card base with tombo mono multi glue. This really gave the base dimension, I think. What an easy way to adorn a card.

The bottom panel is certainly celery wheeled with see you around in certainly celery. This month is Free Wheelin' month....if you buy pun fun you get a free jumbo wheel - sweet stars which I love but didn't want stars on the top and bottom so I used the free jumbo wheel that comes with year after year in the Free Wheelin' promotion. I really like the fact that the wheel images are interchangeable with different sets but blend seamlessly! I put a thin piece of chocolate chip where I would have normally put ribbon. I intend this card to go to a little boy so I didn't want to use ribbon. I know.....I hear what you are saying....two cards this week without ribbon?!?!?!??!? I don't know what has gotten into me. I gotta get back to the ribbon and bling!!! I miss it!!!!!



The cute rocket was inked up with jet black staz on ink. Notice the sentiment wasn't stamped right under it...where it is intended to be on the stamp. Usually I cut the sentiments apart from the images but this set I didn't so that. Every once in a while I throw myself a wrench and do something unexpected....like this. So what I did was took a piece of blue painter's tape (any piece of tape would work....painter's tape was closest in my reach....LOL!) and taped over the sentiment and then inked it up. Now this is the IMPORTANT part......remove the tape before stamping!!! (trust me...if you forget to remove the tape good things will not happen! :) )Voila! Stamped without the sentiment! I water colored it with my aquapainter and ink refills. I did some shadow coloring around the rocket with going grey. Don't forget to shadow around images to give them some dimension. I did put crystal effects on the little window...I couldn't get a good picture of that...but trust me it's there and it looks super cute! I matted that onto so saffron and then chocolate chip. I adhered that with stampin' dimensionals. (big shock there, huh?)



I then cleaned my rocket stamp with staz on stamp cleaner. This stuff is amazing!!!! For the sentiment I inked it up with my black stampin' write marker and stamped it onto whisper white. I punched it with the word window punch and adorned it with two stars in brocade blue and so saffron.



That's it for today. Now....go stamp! hehehehe!

14 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

How very adorable. Love the dimension on your image, as well as the stars next to your sentiment. Great card!

Vicki G said...

Adorable!!!!! This is such a Sweet Sweet card!!!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh how super sweet is that. Perfect card for the color challenge!!

MJ said...

Just adorable. I love the tone on tone stars. Great card.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great dimension by adding the punched stars to yoru backround piece.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! And thanks for the great tip on watercoloring--adding the shadow. I thought at first you cut out your rocket. Awesome job!

Barb Hardeman said...

Super cute! Your watercoloring is really tops and adds so much dimension to your card. Great card for the color challenge...

Ida said...

Nicely done. The colors really do go well with your rocket image. This is such a fun card.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I adore this set and I just love what you've done with it! The stars are such a great accent! Too cute! :D

Nikki Bond said...

This is too cute! What a great lil boys card! {SMILES}

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute, definitely one I am going to have to CASE!

tonistamps said...

Awesome job Regina! The dimension sets it off perfectly.

Lori said...

This is so cute! I like how you used the punched out stars to add dimension to the cardfront.

Lisa Bohler said...

This is simply darling! Love it!