Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I feel pretty....Oh, so pretty.....

I feel pretty, and witty, and bright..... Are you singing it yet???? LOL!!! I originally heard this on West Side Story....but I do think that Baby's sister sings it in the talent show at the end of Dirty Dancing. You know - when Patrick Swayze (sp???) walks over to the table and looks her dad in the eye and says.."nobody puts Baby in a corner...." Oh my.....what a romantic!!!! lol!! Anyway....back to why I am here. hehe!!!

Here is a card I made a few minutes ago....in between cutting pieces of curly ribbon off of the spools that my daughter found....she claims she was making a cake with colors! I have huge spool after huge spool of curly ribbon....it makes anything look fun! And she found my stash....hehehe!!

I can't get the color to look right in these pictures.... The base is pink pirouette. The flower stack is from the pretties kit, hence the "I fell pretty" bit..... I colored the larger flower with pink pirouette ink and a sponge dauber, I colored it fully to get solid color. The next flower is colored with close to cocoa and a sponge dauber. The top flower was brushed lightly with the pink pirouette ink dauber to keep some white showing through. I threaded the beaded hat pin, also all from the pretties kit, onto a clear rhinestone brad - from the pretties kit, but can be ordered separately now....whooohoooo!!!! I adhered the three flowers together with that clear rhinestone brad. Both designer series paper layers comes from Bella Rose....I am soooo glad they did not retire that pack!!!! I matted both of those layers with a 1/8th inch mat in whisper white. I then adhered the flower stack down with two pop up glue dots (the thick ones). Here is a bird's eye view of that flower.
The sentiment is from A Little Birthday Cheer. It is a one line sentiment, but I wanted it to fit into my curly label punch.....so....I stamped the "happy" and then inked just "birthday" and stamped it aligning it with my stamp a ma jig. Both words were inked with my close to cocoa stampin write marker. I then stamped the vine flower from fresh cuts in pink pirouette, stamping off once. I adhered that down and tied a piece of pretty in pink taffeta ribbon around the edge of the large background panel and the sentiment. Then I had to add three little flat backed pearls, from the pretties kit, with mini glue dots to the bottom corner.

Take a gander...I even decorated the inside of my card a little.....I think I an going to try to do this a little more...it really adds to the card, don't you think???

No comments: