Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Loving my new goodies!

Hi Everyone! Did you think I fell off the edge of the horizon??? I gave it some thought, but decided to come back to reality! lol!!!

When I found out that Stampin up was retiring ginormous flowers...I was very sad! I have used that set so many times in cards, 3 dimensional stuff, and scrapbooking.....I was devastated!!! And then I got my list of preorder stuff....As a demo, when there is a new catalog or mini catalog, Stampin' Up gives us a small sampling of things we can order ahead of time. When I saw that sampling....I fell in love with Petal Pizazz!!!!! I have had this set for a while now and just today got the chance to ink it up! Sad, huh? I wonder if my hubby would hear to all day day care so I had more time to stamp???? I mean, I would cook and clean on occasion....Nah!! I think I would be the one to protest that...lol!!! I would be spending good stamp money on day care.....we could not have that!!! HEHEHE!!!!!

Anyway...without further adieu....my sweet little card for the day:

The base is regal rose stamped with a flower from Petal Pizazz in bravo burgundy. I then cut two top note dies with my big shot....still lovin' it...and I CAN NOT WAIT TO GET MY PAWS ON SOME OF THE NEW BIG SHOT STUFF!!!!!!!! I layered the white on bravo burgundy....just pointing out the obvious....lol!

I stamped a few leaves in kiwi kiss on the white top note and some on scrap paper to cut out. The Thanks sentiment is from Thank You Kindly, it is stamped in regal rose. I used the horizontal slot punch to create a hole for the 5/8 inch bravo burgundy grosgrain ribbon. I wrapped that around the card and tied a simple knot. The final touches were stamping the larger flower from petal pizazz in bravo burgundy onto whisper white and the next biggest flower in regal rose. I cut them out and layered each of them with stampin dimensionals. The two leaves that I cut out, I adhered them down on the flower end with SNAIL and then rolled them and adhered the other end down with a stampin' dimensional.....here is a closer look at that:

What do you think?? This was fun! Now to check on that daycare.......

No comments: