Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Out with the OLD....In with the NEW!!!!!

Oh, I can't tell you how excited I am for this new catalog!!! It will knock your socks off!!!

For today's card, I combined the soon to be retired with something that isn't even available to purchase yet. Fun, huh? I am giving a gift if thank you cards to my Grandmother in a few weeks, here is one of my designs. I made ten of these babies. I had so much fun with them. They are an extremely simple design...I wanted the designer series paper to really stand out. I also wanted them to be simple with not alot of dimension that she would have to worry about postage. :)

The card base is very vanilla. I cut a 4x4 piece of the damask pattern from Parisian Summer designer series paper....I think this pack is so beautiful...and it is retiring this Monday - bummer! I matted that with a piece of close to cocoa with the edges scalloped with the scallop edge punch. I then tied a piece of 1/4 inch chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon around it and tied a simple knot. I then took a BRAND NEW stamp, Elegant Thank You, and stamped it with close to cocoa ink and punched it with the wide oval punch. It fits perfectly in the square scallop punch turned on it's side like a diamond.


Oh Yeah....did I mention that it is a single stamp.....STAMPIN' UP IS NOW CARRYING A HANDFUL OF SINGLE STAMPS!!!!!!! How awesome is that...and they are very affordable!!! I think it is wonderful, especially for the card elements kits and as an add on to the sentiment sets you already own! It is mounted up on stampin' diemnsionals....I almost forgot that....hehehehe!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!!